Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Sunday, January 28, 2007

UPDATE: BLACK BEAN SOUP AND WINE


To those desirous of my black bean with orange soup recipe: Since I'd never really written down that recipe, this afternoon I barricaded myself in my kitchen with a notebook, made a big batch and wrote down the recipe. Look for it this coming Wednesday (Jan. 31) in the Jersey Life/Food section of the Press. It should run in my Foraging column.

To mister pinot grigio drinker: Hey, I'm testing, I'm testing! Trouble is, pinot grigios have just bottomed out in terms of quality - plonk city. Anyway, I think I have some suggestions in the white-wine category that will suit your drinking needs. I'll finish sampling Monday night. Tune back right here Tuesday or Wednesday for my findings. Then you and your guests can sip and see for yourselves.

cheers,
Andy
1.28.07




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Pinot Grigio update. Trust me, I could not agree with you more. I don't drink the stuff myself, but, as a gracious host, I try to have selections on hand that I know people drink. If I can provide them something better in the same arena, so much the better!

January 29, 2007 at 7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea. I do not have any other way to contact you so I am posting here....sorry. I wanted to know how come you do nto write about resteraunts in the Ocean County/Toms River area? I have a perfect place for you to check out...SHUT UP AND EAT!!! It is on Rt 37 in the Kmart shopping plaza. The food is great, the prices are reasonable and the waitresses wear pajamas. They are open 7-2 daily. You should check it out. I know there is no wine, but the freshed squeezed oranger juice and fresh fruit on top of a banana nut waffle sure will make up for it. And you can wash it donw with an endless cup of coffee that is less then a dollar. Go visit...you will love it. Wear your pajamas and you get a discount. Shut up and Eat, Rt 37 Toms River, Kmart Shopping Plaze 7-2 daily 732-349-4544

January 29, 2007 at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home